Some highlights of the Bogota Borough Council Meeting tonight.
-There will be a "Boot Drive" on Sat. 28-April for the Fire Dept. Engine Co. #1 at E. Main St.& Palisade Ave. W. Main St & River Rd W.Main St. & Larch, The Quick Check and Boxcar Bagels. The Rescue squad also want to hold a " Boot Drive" on the same day, and is advised to work with Engine #1 about sharing the locations.
- Also on 28 April there will be a paper shredding event in the Parking lot of St. Joseph's Church with the first 100 users getting a tree seedling.
- The American Legion requests the Mayor and Council attend the Memorial Day ceremonies at 11:00a in front of Borough Hall, and the Parade starting at 2:00p
-Councilwoman Uceta, talked about the concerned that there are violations of the no dog
ordinance in Olsen Park. Council Jackson ask if any dealing with "service dog" ( which is allowed) She said that was not part of the concerned, and ask if the ordinance needs to be strengthen , or better enforced. At this time in was mentioned that it may be possibly for a "Dog Walk" to be place in Olsen Park.
- Councilman Nunez asked for a vote on taking off the table a the ordinance about the Recreation Commission. this was defeated by a 4 to 3 margin with Mayor McHale breaking the tied council vote. The Mayor then set-up a committee of Councilwomen Uceta ( who is the Councils liaison to the Rec Commission) Council President Brophy, and Administrator Nicolosi to find a solution to the issue about the Rec Commission
- Council Jackson recommended that a letter be sent, from the Mayor , and Council to the Hackensack Fire Dept. to thank them for assisting the Borough with the building collapse at 14 E. Ft Lee Rd.
- Council Jackson also talked about the on going problems at the Kennedy EMS building. this was brought up again during the Citizen Remark time when Mr. Hernandez of Larch Ave said he could arrange engineering services to look at the Kennedy building . This was quickly accepted by the Mayor & Council and brought a round of applause from the public who attended the meeting. At this time Mr. Nicolosi thanked Mr. Hernandez on the record for his work and help to the Borough in helping to repair items inthe Borough after several recrnt storms