Members of the Bogota Emergency Services held a vehicle parade of their rolling stock. This was in honour of the return of the 1959 Eureka Cadillac Ambulance. First used by the first Aid Squad in September of 1959 and stayed in service of the Borough for ten years. After being sold the Eureka ended up being bought by Neal Parish in California. As Mr. Parish was in the midst of restoring the ambulance Two clues were discovered that help to identify it's origins. The first being a 1972 sticker for an oil change from Bergenfield , NJ. The next piece of the puzzle was a pencil found in the dashboard from Petrick Funnel Home. With that Mr. Parish made contact with Ray Dwyer currently a member of the Bogota First Aid Squad. It was determined that the original colours were a dark green with a white hood. Also found taped to a supply cabinet door was a note to Squad Members from founding squad member George Kennedy on how equipment should be stored.
After a few years of ownership Mr. Parish sold the Eureka to Edwin Otten, a Cadillac collector from Switzerland.
So on Saturday the second ever Ambulance of the First Aid squad has a chance to again roam the street of Bogota with some of it's newer cousins.
|The 1959 Eureka Cadillac Ambulance on display.|
| Mrs & Mr. Otten (C) posing with the Eureka with members of the current |
First Aid Squad , and members of the Bogota Council in front of Borough Hall...
|..And in front of the Kennedy Emergency Services Building.|
|The 1959 Eureka Cadillac Ambulance in front of Borough Hall|
|The newer & classic ambulance.|
|Irene & Edwin Otten with a plaque given to them by the First Aid Squad.|