The State of New Jersey has released the official ballots for the 2019 General Elections
The General Elections for 2019 in the State of New Jersey will take place on Tuesday-5-November. The polls will be opening at 6:00a and remaining open until 8:00p.
(candidates are listed in order as they appear on the ballot)
Mayor for the Borough of Bogota: vote for one, for a four year term
- For the Republican party : Incumbent Mayor Christopher Kelemen
- For the Democratic party: Mary Ellen Murphy
- As an Independent: Jose Chavez
Mayor Kelemen is running for reelection for a second full four year term
Ms Murphy is currently a Councilwoman in Bogota and is running for Mayor for the first time.
Mr. Chavez is running for the first time, for a Public Office in Bogota.
Bogota Borough Council: vote for two, for a three year terms.
- For the Republican party : Daniele Fede and Michael Connors
- For the Democratic party: Incumbent Councilwoman Kathryn Gates-Ferris and Incumbent Councilman David Macfarlane
- As an Independent: Sherry Solomov and Susan Cruz
Ms. Fede has previously served on the Bogota Borough Council
Mr.Connors is currently on the Bogota Board of Education and has previously served on the Bogota Borough Council
Councilwoman Gates-Ferris will be running for the second full term for Bogota Council.
Councilman Macfarlane is seeking reelection for a second full term for Bogota Council.
Ms. Solomov and Ms. Cruz are running for the first time, for a Public Office in Bogota
Bogota Board of Education: vote for three, for a three year terms.
- Incumbent Trustee Lisa Kohles
- Incumbent Trustee Amanda Montgomery
- Kristin Meberg
- Zabrina Kearns
- Bisi Ruckett
- Idalia Alvarez
Bergen County Freeholder vote for three, for a three year terms
- For the Republican party : Corrado Belgiovine, Alyssa Dawson, and Kathleen Cericola
- For the Democratic party: Incumbent Mary Amoroso, Incumbent Germaine Ortiz, and
Incumbent Thomas Sullivan
The New Jersey General Assembly for two seats for a two year term
In the 37th district
-For the Republican party : Angela Hendricks and Gino Tessaro
- For the Democratic party: Incumbent Valerie Huttle and Incumbent Gordon Johnson
-As an Independent: Claudio Belusic
The State of New Jersey
- To amend the state constitution in order to allow eligible veterans to recieve a $250 property tax exemption who reside in a continuing care retirement centers on behalf of the veterans living there and require the retirement centers to pass the value of the deduction on to veterans in the form of credits or payments.
-A Yes vote accepts this amendment
-A No vote rejects this amendment
The General Election will be on Tuesday- 5-November with the polls opening at 6:00a and remaining open until 8:00p.
The Public schools of the Bogota Board of Education will be closed for voting.
Polls are located at the at :
-- For Districts 1& 6 it is the Bogota Recreation Center at 162 W. Main St.
Districts 1&6 is that part of the Borough located West of the Railroad tracks.
-- For Districts 2&3 it is the Gym of Bogota High School at 1 Henry Luthin Pl. please use the door towards the back of the building on the North side of the Building.
Districts 2& 3 is that part of the Borough located East of the Railroad tracks & North of Beechwood Ave
-- For Districts 4&5 it is in the Gym of the Roy Bixby School at Maplewood & Fischer Aves.
Districts 4 &5 is that part of the Borough located East of the Railroad tracks & South of Beechwood Ave.
The Bogota Public Schools will have a half day on Tuesday-6-June with a lunchtime dismissal in order for the school to used as a polling location.
Ward Dist. Address
1 Bogota Recreation Center - 162 West Main Street
2 Bogota High School Gym - One Henry Luthin Pl. (Left Rear of Bldg)
3 Bogota High School Gym - One Henry Luthin Pl. (Left Rear of Bldg)
4 E. Roy Bixby School Gym. Maplewood & Fischer Aves
5 E. Roy Bixby School Gym. Maplewood & Fischer Aves.
6 Bogota Recreation Center-162 West Main St.
( To help support Bogota Blog NJ with it's coverage of Local stories & sports
please contribute at: donate to Bogota Blog NJ )